Microsoft is excited to announce that Windows 11 will be available on October 5th, 2021. The free upgrade will begin rolling out to eligible Windows 10 computers and will come preloaded on all new devices.
Here are just a few highlights from the release.
- The Microsoft Windows 11 update features an all-new design and all-new sounds that are modern, fresh, clean, and aimed to bring users a sense of calm and ease.
- Microsoft is introducing a new feature called ‘Start’ where they have put users and their content at the center. Start utilizes the power of the cloud and Microsoft 365 to show users their most recent documents and files no matter what device they were accessed on.
- A new powerful way to multitask and optimize screen real estate with snap layouts and snap groups.
- As the past year has shown us the importance of communication and collaboration, Microsoft has integrated their chat application Microsoft Teams into the taskbar to provide a faster way to connect with colleagues, family, and friends.
- The introduction of Widgets, a new personalized feed powered by artificial intelligence, that provides users a faster way to access information.
- Deemed to be the ‘best Windows ever for gaming’. It unlocks the full potential of a user’s system hardware with technology like DirectX12 Ultimate, DirectSorage, and Auto HDR.
- The new update comes with a new Microsoft Store. It has been rebuilt with an all-new design that makes it easier to search and discover applications, games, shows, and movies in one centralized location.
- Unlocks several new opportunities for developers. Microsoft is opening the store to allow more developers and independent software vendors to bring their apps directly to the store and to reach more customers.
- Optimized for speed, efficiency, and improved experiences with touch, digital pen, and voice input.
- The best operating system for hybrid work, delivering experiences and features that are secure, well designed, and easy to use.